Are you ready to try an amazingly delicious and healthy “cheesecake”?! Who would of thought cheesecake and healthy go together? Well, this may be your go-to. There is nothing cheesy about in, in fact its fruit and nuts and taste like the best giant fig newton i have ever had. I made this raw vegan cheesecake on Labor day, and have been giving out slices to friends and family ever since. Try it, really try it! Once you have all the ingredients its simple!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dried figs
- squeeze juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup water (as needed)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- Fresh sliced figs
- Process the pecans in your food processor.
- Add the raisins, chia seeds, and walnuts and process until everything begins to stick together.
- Press into the bottom a small spring form pan. Smaller size works best for this cheesecake
To make the cheesecake:
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding the coconut oil last and making sure it all combines completely. The mixture should be very thick and creamy.
- Spoon onto the crust evenly.
- Place in the fridge
- Its best if covered for 1-2 days then when ready to serve, garnish with the fresh figs
Makes 8-12 servings – depends on how big you cut the pieces!